Wednesday, December 3, 2008

CONGRATULATIONS AARON!!!


WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! 
I feel like screaming that from the mountain tops!! :)
Today was "MATCH" day for Orthodontic programs across the nation.  
We have been waiting for this day since Aaron started his Orthodontic interviews back in September and can't believe that we actually know where we will be going for school for the next three years! 
The email arrived in his inbox at 6:30 am to give us the good news that he was accepted at... BAYLOR in DALLAS, TEXAS (it is at Texas A&M, but for some reason it still carries the Baylor name)!! 
He will be starting there on July 1, 2009!!!! :)
We are so thrilled to be going to Texas... 
...except that I heard there is terrible humidity, there are huge cockroaches and that there are crazy big hailstorms... SCARY!! What an adventure it will be!!! I really have no idea what to expect though... so if yall (<--- starting early!! haha.) have any info on the place... send it my way!!
I am extremely proud of my amazing husband and all of his HARD HARD HARD WORK!  He is an amazing student and somehow he makes it seem easy... even though I know that there is probably nothing that is even slightly easy about being a dental student!!  Not only that, but he always puts our family first... I really have no idea how he does it but he is the best!! Now on to orthodontic school!!! He continues to amaze me...
We feel incredibly BLESSED!

16 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Congrats--that's awesome that he got matched and you can now plan for where you're going. When will you move? It will definitely be an adventure. What will you do with your house?

Becker said...

YEAH! Congratulations! But...I don't get it. A&M is in College Station, isn't it? Is Baylor affiliated with Texas A&M? Who knew! Well, Jonathan lived a couple of years in A&M and his sister right now lives in Southlake (just outside of Dallas), so if you have any questions someone in our family can answer, we'd be happy to help! Texas is BEAUTIFUL though. I'm sure you'll love it!

Klisa said...

Congratulations guys! That is so exciting! I bet that it is such a relief to know that he is accepted and that you know where you are going. I really am happy for you! It seams so crazy to me that you will be leaving and going to Texas for 3 years! It seams even weirder to me that Aubrie will be almost 4 when you came back! It will be such a fun adventure for you. Congrats again! :)

Karrissa Winward said...

That is so exciting! Good job Aaron!!

Libby said...

that is so exciting!! one thing i know about texas is the football is awesome! you are going to love it. so he is going to Texas A&M but the school of dentristy is Baylor...so he isn't going to Baylor, is that right? congratulations swapp family!! i am sure your families are just a little sad though.

Libby said...

that is so exciting!! one thing i know about texas is the football is awesome! you are going to love it. so he is going to Texas A&M but the school of dentristy is Baylor...so he isn't going to Baylor, is that right? congratulations swapp family!! i am sure your families are just a little sad though.

Shaneshia Phill said...

I'm so happy for Aaron! yay for his accomplishments! I'm sad you guys will no longer be right down the street, but excited for the new adventure ahead of you guys!

Melanie said...

Congratulations! I am so jealous that you are going to be in Texas. I love Dallas! It's definitely more humid that Las Vegas, but it's a lot prettier too. I would love for John to get into a specialty program in Texas. Maybe we'll see you down there in 2010.

Brad and Ashley Koch said...

That works for me!! I will be visiting around football season for sure! Texas A&M has a decent team. . . .sometimes :) So give Aaron the heads up to score me and Brad and Braylee some tickets :)

The Allen Family said...

Congrats! That is awesome. Aaron you are so smart and make me feel a little inadequate. I am so excited for you guys. I know you will love the south. I served my mission in Mississippi and Lousiana so I know a little of what it is like down there. You will love the people, hate the ariport, and dread the humidity.

Bryan
P.s. The airport has its own freeway in Dallas. Enjoy!

The Allen Family said...

Don't mind me, I obviously can't spell.

Bryan

Em and Ms said...

Hey Ashley--what is that website you told me about today with the baby deals like Woot? I can't remember! It was fun seeing you. Email me with it at emilyspurgeon (at) gmail (dot) com

Libby said...

hey, i need your address! it you get a chance could you just put a comment under "Christmas is Coming" on our blog? Thanks!

L.S.Marshall said...

Hello Soon to be neighbor!!
I am so sad though, we are leaving Dallas in August of '09 (if our house sells!) BUT I am sure we will be here for awhile with you guys here! YEAH! Seriously, if you want to come down sometime to look for places, you are welcome to stay with us! We can give you the lay of the land and give you ideas of places to live! That is so exciting! Congratulations guys!

Mitchell and Courtney Colver said...

Yay! congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys! :-D

By the way, Aubrie's expression in the picture(on the side right under the picture of you and aaron...second one down) reminds me so much of my dad. I'm probable the only one who can see it...ha

Scott, Amber, and Landon said...

congrats! That is really exciting! I'll miss ya at book club but on to bigger and better things!

Baby Guessing Game