Sunday, July 27, 2008

HELP!!

Does anyone know a cure for baby hiccups?? She has gotten the hiccups at least once a day so far and sometimes more than that... she is so sweet and not even fussy when she gets them... but it makes me so sad to see her hiccuping all the time!!! Help!!!

9 comments:

Heather said...

Try "gripe water" .....you can get it at health food stores but your grocery store might have it. :)

jamieBEE said...

so...I have heard that hiccups actually strengthen the diaphragm. and that they do not hurt or bother the little ones at all. My kids had the hiccups all the time...they even would fall asleep and still have the hiccups in their sleep. They eventually grew out of it. So I personally don't worry about it.

Libby said...

that is completely normal and actually a good thing. hiccups is a sign of a healthy baby.

Klisa said...

Jeff's sister hiccuped alot when she was born and the funny thing is is that she hiccupes ALOT today. Maybe little Aubrie will have chronic hiccups forever. :) I'll see what I can kind out for ya.

kristenlucy said...

i don't know any cures for hiccups, but...

congratulations!! i've been wondering about you!! she is so darling and i love the name you guys decided on!! you'll have to bring her to book club sometime :)

carly said...

ash, I LOVE her!:) can't wait until i am there!!

Becker said...

Caleb had a lot of hiccups too. I don't know how they "know" this, but what I read on it said that it doesn't hurt or bother babies like it does us. It's not as uncomfortable. BUT, one thing we did notice that would work for Caleb is just to feed him for another couple of minutes. I couldn't nurse so we'd give him another ounce or half ounce of formula in a bottle---just enough to get a minute or two of good sucks in--and voila! hiccups would be gone! If you're nursing, maybe just get her to latch on for a minute or two and see if that helps. But again, try not to worry about them too much because I don't think they bother her as much as they bother you.

Heatherbether said...

YAH!!!! Aaron, you are a daddy! So fun! I was down in Vegas when you had her and was wondering whether or not you had your littl girl yet. So fun! Anyway, my babies would always get hiccups when they were cold. The minute I took their diaper off to change them--HICCUPS!!! It's no biggie!

ERICA said...

I think its normal!

She is a growing girl and its nothing to worry about!

Baby Guessing Game