Phil's official forecast as read 2/2/08 at sunrise at Gobbler's Knob:

Here Ye! Here Ye! Here Ye!
On Gobbler's Knob on this fabulous Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2008
Punxsutawney Phil, the Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators,
Rose to the call of President Bill Cooper and greeted his handlers, Ben Hughes and John Griffiths.
After casting a weathered eye toward thousands of his faithful followers,
Phil consulted with President Cooper and directed him to the appropriate scroll, which proclaimed:
"As I look around me, a bright sky I see, and a shadow beside me.Six more weeks of winter it will be!"
**So there it is... 6 more weeks of winter!! Happy Belated Groundhog Day!!! I would have gotten this great message to you sooner but yesterday was spent packing and moving ALL day long!

5 comments:
Does anyone really believe this stuff? I guess so, or it wouldn't be so official! Hilarious.
thank you so much for the official word on winter!:) i don't think it matters much here...its not going to be warm for a while.
i am so excited for 6 more weeks of winter! not really. actually, i briefly thought about going to witness this momentous occasion (punxsutawney is only like an 1 1/2hrs away from us) but getting up at 4:30 to stand around in the freezing cold just didn't sound like that much fun! maybe next year.
Congrats on your pregnancy Ashley!!! How exciting!!
I finally have a blog! I thought I would use it to journal my weight loss but I plan on including other stuff too! Update more!! LOL
Post a Comment