Friday, February 1, 2008

Beating Heart

So I am not the best at posting, and although I have nothing really new to report I figured I would fill you in on my doctors appointment this week.  I went in on Tuesday morning and it was so nice being the first patient of the day with no long wait in the waiting room. 
When I went back the PA came in right away cause the doc was out of town and she pretty much told me that it was gonna be really quick and that she was just gonna check for the baby's heartbeat with her little monitor thing and then answer any questions that I had.  So as she started telling me about the AFP test (or Quad Screen Test- has anyone taken this??? what did you think??) that I could opt to take at my next appointment, she also started rubbing the cold little monitor on my belly and the little monitor just sounded like static. I wanted her to stop talking so badly so that I could just try to listen for a heartbeat but she just kept on talking away... it was probably to keep me calm while she searched for the heartbeat, because as soon as the heartbeat was loud and clear she just smiled and stopped talking right away. But then she only listened for like maybe 5 seconds... at least that's what it felt like to me. Oh well... at least a little baby heart is still beating loud and clear inside of me. Good feeling! 
So I was getting all excited about making my next appointment cause I was thinking that since I will be 19 weeks and some days that they would do the ultrasound to find out what we are having... but NO!!! She said that I would just come in for a regular checkup and then the blood test (if I decide to take it) and then I would schedule an appointment for about 2 weeks out to see what it is that we are having!! I was so sad... but this is okay.  This is probably a test of my patience and I am just gonna look at the bright side... hopefully by the time that we get the ultrasound the baby will be 2 weeks bigger and hopefully the ultrasound will just be super accurate. 
Overall it was a good appointment... the PA was really nice... and it means that I am 4 weeks closer to this baby being born than I was at my last appointment! Yay!! I think these are the 1st doctors appointments that I've ever actually looked forward to. Weird. Well I hope you are all having a good week!! I didn't wanna leave this post super boring with no pictures so this is completely random but I am gonna post a pic of Aaron and I at Thanksgiving in Lake Tahoe... we had just barely found out that we were pregnant but hadn't told our families yet and it was so hard to keep in all weekend cause I was feeling so sick and tired...
Here is one of my HOT hubby and my awesome cousin Matthew that I caught before we left Tahoe!

9 comments:

Mull Family said...

Hi Ashley! I don't know if you will remember me, but this Cherie (MacDonald)... now Mull. I came across your blog and thought I'd pop in. Looks like you are doing great. You look beautiful as always, and CONGRATULATIONS on the baby news!

Froska said...

How exciting! I still remember hearing Lilly's heartbeat. Before you know it your little sweetheart will be here. Enjoy each little day and each new happening.

Libby said...

how fun! those appointments are so much fun! i can't wait to hear what you are having!! the quad test is fine...i say do it.

carly said...

isn't it funny how you actually look forward to the doctor appointments? they are like a countdown!:) i can't wait to know what you are having!! :)

Boren Family said...

Hi Ashley! Congrats on the baby! I am so excited for you!

melissa said...

I seriously can't get over how exciting this is for you and Aaron! I love reading about your progression and can't wait until you find out what you're having. Totally keep us all posted! I miss you guys a ton and we will totally have to get together when I get back to Vegas this summer. Good luck with everything! Love ya toots!!

Lisa said...

Ashley-
Congratulations! I stumbled across your blog while looking at Carly's. I am so excited for you!

Lisa (Saca) DeGroot

Adam, Carrie and Noah said...

Congratulations Ashley!! I am so excited for you and Aaron. Hang in there through the tired and sickness..it is so worth it in the end:) luv-Carrie

the Kasallis family said...

hey girlie girl! get up here and use our ultrasound machine! :) i am so excited for you. how are you feeling?! i didn't take any of the extra tests. there's usually not much of a risk unless you're already at high risk (old, etc...). hang in there! i miss you much!!

Baby Guessing Game