Sunday night we got home from a fun-filled trip to Broken Bow, Oklahoma... or as Aubrie called it "Uncle Homa!" We stayed at a cabin with two other families, cooked our own delicious meals, made s'mores, played games and watched the kiddos enjoy themselves in nature. It was such a nice treat to get away.
This is the cabin we stayed at!
I didn't take pictures the first day we got there (laziness), but we had a lot of fun and explored the area around the cabin, and then made a delicious dinner and then the boys built a fire so we could make s'mores. It was a lot of fun. I will have to post pictures that one of the other girls took! Once we got the kiddos to bed the adults stayed up chatting and played games.
Our little family of three in front of the cabin. (33 weeks pregnant!)
It was so much fun for Aubs to wake up each day with her little buddies. She would literally squeal until she saw them and would get so excited to be able to play with them right away.
On Saturday morning, after a delicious breakfast we headed out to a lake nearby for some fun in the sun and cold water and a little canoeing/paddle boating. I will post a picture of that when I get it. Aubs had her first sno-cone and LOVED it.
The really cold, but fun, lake!
The dad's were such good sports about getting into the cold water with all the kiddos. It was fun to watch.
Aubs was a little hesitant about the temperature at first.
Soon after she couldn't get enough.
The sweet dads...
playing a dunking game! Here goes Mannix!
...Now Atticus!
Aubrie's turn!
They all had such a blast with their awesome dads!
Then we chowed down on a picnic lunch! Aubs loved the berries and grapes as usual.
Saturday night the boys made dutch oven food and here are the kids helping with the fire. They were all really good around the fire and didn't get too close!
I was trying to get a picture of the 3 of them all hanging out watching the fire, but just as I was about to say "smile/say cheese" or whatever Aubrie asked me if she could have a cookie (she had seen one of her friends with one a few minutes before). I told her that yes she could but that she needed to smile for the picture first and then we would get it. This is what I got. A big old POUT and frown. I felt so bad, but couldn't help but laugh at this face she made. She just wanted her little cookie. So after the picture we went and got one and she was all smiles and covered in chocolate after that. YES I said chocolate. She ate a Keebler chocolate covered cookie and didn't break out at all and she loved every morsel of it. We were so happy about it!
Mercedi found a frog and the kids LOVED it of course. It was really neat. I will post more pics when I get them. Aubs actually touched it, but when I came out she wouldn't get near it.
Eating snacks.
Cozying up with her buddies.
The families right after we locked up the house on Sunday.
We stopped at a picnic site on our way out of OK to eat a bite of lunch and to let the kids run around for a bit. Aubs fell off the swing a few minutes later, but in true tough girl form she was up within seconds without any tears.
Skipping rocks.
so sweet.
We headed home to Dallas after eating lunch. It was naptime so we thought for sure Aubs would get a little sleep on our 3 hour and 15 minute drive home, but NOPE... our little rag-a-muffin graced us with songs and chit chat for 3+ hours of non-stop fun. Ha! She was so exhausted and was asleep by 7 pm that night.
Our trip was a blast... I only wish it could have been longer.
I will post more pictures when I get them.

4 comments:
How fun! I'm so glad you guys all got to go together. What a fun trip. Miss you guys!
Ashley, you are seriously one of the cutest pregnant mamas ever! I hope I look that cute when I'm pregnant someday! Hope you are doing well!
Aaron, when did you get so stinkin' buff? Maybe you should dance for the Chippendales! And your wife is SO adorable! I know I always say that, but she seriously looks so beautiful pregnant.
Post a Comment