Friday, March 12, 2010

My Birthday!

I had such a wonderful birthday this year.  
Somehow (pretty sure it was magic!), Aaron's Spring Break fell on the week of my birthday... not to mention that my birthday also fell on a Friday this year, so I had him all to myself the entire week! It was so AWESOME!! Besides the amazing husband that he is 150% of the time, this week was no different.  He helped with so much of the cleaning and was constantly up with Aubrie.... I pretty much got to sleep in every day! What a treat!!  On Friday night, some good friends of our insisted that they watch Aubrie so we could go on a date, and we gladly accepted! Aaron and his classmate Colin had volunteered to help teach photography at a conference that was taking place at the Gaylord Texan (HUGE amazing hotel in Grapevine- about 30 minutes away!) and they were offered hotel rooms to stay the night! Yay! I was so excited.
We started off the night at the dinner/comedian/awards show in a huge ballroom! The dinner was delish.  We had Texas style salad with corn and chips and lettuce and then had the main course, which consisted of jumbo shrimp (and I got Aaron's too!), steak, vegetables, mashed corn and black beans (can't remember what it was called!), and yummy rolls! It was definitely gourmet and awesome! Then the comedian joked around for the next hour or so and then there was an awards show.  I swear these people had so much money that they didn't know what to do with it.  They had cowboy hats for everyone to wear and take home... mugs shaped like boots that were lit up on each table for all the guests, a mechanical bull, the decor was insane... we were definitely spoiled! It was such a blast.
Our friends Colin and Liana.  So glad they were there too. It made it so much fun!
Cheesecake with cinnamon apple topping for dessert!
Just a little PLUG for the company who put on this amazing conference!
Of course the boys took their turns on the bull!
It was hilarious and so fun to watch! Then we dances for a little while... electric slide style!
I got lassoed!! My necklace says that I am a Digital Media Education Specialist Guest Speaker! Awesome huh?!! Haha! They had to put something on there to get me in for free! :)
Our hotel from our balcony at night! The boys went to pick up the babies before we went to bed, so Liana and I explored the hotel and chatted on the balcony for a while until they got back.
Aubrie had fun exploring the hotel room when she got here... she wasn't quite ready to go right back to bed... so we indulged her... for about 20 minutes! :) Then it was lights out!
Here is the girl on the balcony just after we had an awesome breakfast the next morning.  She is enjoying some "cookies" that she got from our breakfast.
Morning view from our balcony!
Overall my birthday was truly wonderful.  Quality time with my husband and babygirl are the best! I received so many calls, text messages and emails and I couldn't be more grateful for the wonderful friends and family I have.  Thanks for spoiling me everyone!! Thank you for the wonderful gifts and the love! It is truly appreciated. 
Oh and one last thing... I had to take a picture of these...
Just yesterday I received this box of Sprinkles cupcakes from a good friend and I am in LOVE!
Yes that is a Texas shaped sprinkle... would you expect anything else?!! Texas pride baby!
xoxox.

1 comment:

The Rogers Clan said...

Happy Birthday Ashley girl!!! We sure miss you guys, but I love keeping up with you guys on you blog.

Sounds like your weekend was a dream!!! What a fantastic hubby you found.

Baby Guessing Game