Monday, October 12, 2009

Cheesy Potato Soup

Dinner last night! Yum!
4 medium potatoes, diced (I used white) 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 large onion, chopped (I used yellow) 1 tsp. salt
4 cups (1 qt.) water  1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
1/4 cup butter 1/4 tsp. paprika
3 Tbsp. flour pepper (however much you like)
1/2 cup milk chives

Combine the potatoes, onion and water in a large pot.  Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.  In a saucepan, melt the butter and add flour until it starts to bubble. Remove pan from heat and stir in milk until it thickens.  Slowly stir mixture into the potatoes.  Add cheese and seasonings and mix together.

This was really good... not too thick or thin. I might add a little more salt and pepper next time! It didn't take very long either! 
I love Fall cooking!! Yum!

1 comment:

Courtney Colver said...

Looks yummy! That would be great, especially with winter coming. I think I'll try it out!

Baby Guessing Game