My baby girl is 15 months today!
I know I always say this, but it really is so crazy how fast time flies! We just got home from Aubrie's 15 month check-up and she did great! She probably did better than I did. Since Aubrie had a cold at her 12 month check up, she had a little catching up to do on her shots, so I was shocked when I found out that she would need 8 shots!! Luckily for the baby girl, they gave her a Pentacell shot, which is a combination of 3 of the shots she needed (Polio, Pneumococcal Disease, Hib)(just boosters-not 1st time shots!) and then four other shots (MMR, Hepatitis A, DTAP, and Chicken Pox vaccine) in her legs and then a TB test on her arm, for a total of 6 shots!!!! My heart has just finally stopped pounding! I felt so bad for the babe. She literally stopped crying within 2 seconds of receiving the last shot! Luckily I was able to hold her on my lap for the shots, too! She was such a good girl at the office!
Her new pediatrician is awesome! I can't even say enough about how great the staff and office were. The doctor was so nice. Aubrie actually walked over to him twice while he was in the room and sat up on his lap twice. He called her "sweetpea" just like I do and said she was lovely several times. He said that she looked like a perfectly healthy little girl and that she was on the right track! He was wonderful!! He made sure to address any concerns that I might have had and went over each shot that she was going to get and reassured me that it was okay to give her all these shots together!
Here are Aub's 15 month stats:
Weight: 23 lbs. She is in the 52nd percentile.
Height: 29 3/4 She is in the 45th percentile.
Head: 18 1/2 in. She is in the 88th percentile!
I'm convinced she has a big brain in there!
We also talked about flu shots and all that, but since Aub's is allergic to eggs they cannot give her the flu shot, since egg is in the flu shot! The doctor referred us to an allergist so we can get a specific diagnosis of exactly what Aubrie is allergic to. We will schedule that ASAP and we have to go back on Friday or Saturday to get her TB test read!! It has been a long day, but totally worth it because we are reassured that she is right on track! The 2nd bonus is that she will not have to get any shots at her 18 month appointment! Yay!! She is fast asleep right now, poor baby! Daddy will be home soon to give tons of hugs and kisses so I better go clean up a little! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment