Babblings of a mom...
...for journaling purposes... please don't feel the need to read all of this...
;)
Early in the morning.
I love it when my little ONE YEAR OLD wakes up in the morning. She has the sweetest tired face. She is very talkative from the moment she wakes up... and although we don't understand what she is saying, it sounds cute in her little high-pitched girly voice. We have yet to go to her 1 year Dr. appt. (I am sure she's happy to put off the shots!), so I am not sure about her stats (weight/height/percentiles)... but I know a few other important things about my girl.
Aubrie is a good eater. She is eating all kinds of fruits and vegetables now and loves it when I cut up grapes for her. She LOVES watermelon too. She tried apple juice from a juice box on her birthday and she loved it... I think she loved sucking it through the straw. She also loves to gnaw on pretzel sticks, which daddy introduced to her last week. She still has a strange allergy to milk when it touches her skin. We haven't let her eat anything with it recently, but her skin breaks out even if she gets a kiss from daddy after he drinks a glass of milk (on accident of course!). Hopefully the doctor's will be able to help us out with that one!
Aubrie loves to watch Barney and other cartoons on TV. She loves music and when we put on the radio she runs over to it. She also loves bathtime! She LOVES the bubbles and examines them almost every single time she gets in the bath. She is running around everywhere now. I feel like I am always chasing her down. Her latest adventure is climbing the stairs (SCARY!), but we always stand right behind her. She also loves swimming. We have a great pool where we live, with a large shallow area, which is perfect for her to play in. We try to go out as much as possible and since it's still sunny out at 6pm we usually go out around then.
Aubrie doesn't like getting her diaper changed anymore and has a fit almost every time we change her... only because she wants to get up and run around. I don't think she actually minds getting a new diaper on! Aubrie is very expressive and makes so many cute and funny faces. I can't even explain what she does, but she is so animated and it's hilarious.
She still sucks on her binky, pretty much just to get to sleep now, and we can't get her to switch to an orthodontic one. She loves the SOOTHIE one from the hospital. Oh well! Her two bottom teeth are pretty much grown in completely and the top four are all making their way into position. The vampire teeth have already cut through! :) Aubrie's hair is getting so long too. Her bangs are always in her face, or they would be if I wasn't constantly clipping them back with pretty little bows. I don't want to cut it yet though cause I want it to grow long enough that we can tuck it behind her ears if we lose a bow or something! Anyways... we just can't get enough if this little girl. We feel so blessed to have her in our lives!
Oh one last cute thing she does... she LOVES when her daddy gets home. As soon as we hear the door open and I say "I think daddy is home" she starts smiling and squealing and runs over to the gate in front of the stairs and squeals until she sees him and gets big hugs!! Her smiles are the best! It is so cute!

No comments:
Post a Comment