Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Swapp Reunion

Aubs on the drive to her first ever Swapp Family Reunion! 
Some family members hanging around outside of the "Old Gym" in Overton.  I think they had a horseshoe competition shortly after this was taken.
When we got to the reunion the treasure hunt was about to start.  Our first clue for the treasure hunt led us here! It was a great setting for the reunion. Right inside these doors was a photo taken of Aaron's grandpa's high school football team.  I wish I had taken a picture of it.  I was AMAZED at how much Aaron looks just like his grandpa looked in high school.  It was uncanny I tell you.
Here is the cutest little daddy/daughter pair I have ever seen.  Aub's stole her daddy's apple... she dissolved most of it with her magic saliva... and a few big bites from her dad-e.  BTW she calls him AT-EE or DAT or DAT-E or DAT all the time now.  It's pretty cute.
In case you were wondering... those little (chunky) legs are scrumptious!
This is around the time the potluck was going on! The food was delicious... the scones w/ honey butter (YUM!) were awesome and there were tons of delicious desserts.  Here are some random shots of the family during dinner time...
Here are some family heirlooms that I thought were cool and the puzzle that the different groups pieced together from the treasure hunt. Good job on the puzzle.  So much fun! We were rewarded with some sweet treats when it was all put together!
Here is a tradition that I personally LOVE.  Although I didn't win any of the prizes they would have all been awesome to win.  There are a bunch of cute jars filled with candy and treats and you just have to guess how many are in each jar and then the winners were announced! Candice won a sweet one so that was fun!
After dinner everyone gathered around for an auction where they auctioned off some pretty cool stuff like fleece blankets, a sweet quilt (which Carey got!- YAY!), bracelets, slime eggs (don't ask!?!!), race cars, and other fun toys and stuff.  All the money that is raised from the auction goes to pay for the reunion the next year! Aaron's dad was the auctioneer so it was way fun to watch! He was hilarious! After that was the campfire, where everyone gathers together for songs and stories.  It was so neat learning stories about Aaron's family history!  The following pictures were from the Lion Hunt at the very end of the night! It was Aub's and my first ever Lion Hunt and it was SOOO FUN and so cute watching her daddy help her participate.  We hope to have many more to come!
We hope it's not too long until we can attend another Swapp Family Reunion.  It was a blast!
The End.

2 comments:

Klisa said...

How fun! I love family reunions/get togethers. It looks like you guys had a great time!

Mitchell and Courtney Colver said...

That looks like a fun reunion! I'm sad to have missed it and the Lion Hunt (which I personally feel is one of the best parts of the reunion).

Baby Guessing Game